admission is free and the museum is open to the public
Tuesday - Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
IN AN EFFORT TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF OUR GUESTS, STUDENTS, AND STAFF, THE BARRY ART MUSEUM REQUIRES:
- Masks or cloth face coverings are required in the museum
- Maintain six feet of social distance between individuals or groups
- Children must be accompanied by adults
- Group tours are limited to 10 people
- The coat check is not available; large bags (larger than 11 x 15 inches) and backpacks are not permitted in the museum
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Old Dominion University
1075 W. 43rd Street
Norfolk, VA - 23529
The museum is located on the campus of Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA at W. 43rd Street and Hampton Blvd. adjacent to the Ted Constant Convocation Center and diagonally across from the Darden College of Education & Professional Studies.
View the museum on Google Street View.
The Barry Art Museum is located on the corner of Hampton Blvd and 43rd Street on ODU's campus, across the street from the Ted Constant Convocation Center (TED).
Parking is available in the Constant Center Garage, adjacent to the Museum on 43rd Street. Please follow the signs for Barry Art Museum Parking. Map of interior of parking garage for reference: https://barryartmuseum.odu.edu/content/dam/bam/docs/barry-art-museum-parking.pdf
FREE Museum guest spaces are available on the first floor during Museum hours of operation noon - 4:00 p.m. Tuesday - Friday. We are currently closed on weekends. Parking in these spaces outside of Museum hours without paying the appropriate tolls will result in ticketing.
Additional Meter Parking spaces are also located on the first floor and have a number painted towards the back of the space. At the meters on the first floor, type in your space number, then select how long you would like to park. The meters take cash or card and the current meter rate is $1.50/hour.
From the North: Traveling south on Hampton Blvd, turn left at 43rd Street and right into the first garage entrance.
From the South: Traveling north on Hampton Blvd, turn right at 43rd Street and right into the first garage entrance.
For groups larger than 10, please contact us.
Phone: 757.683.5111 or Email: email@example.com
General Museum Guidelines for Visitors
- Please do not touch any work of art, nor the walls and pedestals on which they are displayed.
- You are invited to sketch with pencils and other dry media in the galleries.
- Baby strollers are allowed in the galleries, but are not provided.
- There is not a gift shop or restaurant on the premises, but there are several restaurants in walking distance on Monarch Way.
- Visitors may take photographs in the Museum's permanent collection galleries as long as the photographs are for private, noncommercial use. Photography is not permitted in special exhibitions or other areas designated "No Photography." The use of flash photography or video cameras is not permitted inside the Museum.
- Journalist/Commercial, Professional, Portrait and Artistic photographers are required to call in advance to check date availability prior to the session date. The Museum reserves all rights for photographic reproduction of Museum Property. Policies are subject to change without notice. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions you may have.
All entrances are accessible and there is an elevator to the second floor. All galleries are accessible. You can find more information about accessibility at Old Dominion University here.